BA WANG 霸王 is a Chinese herbal shampoo brand formulated and manufactured by BA WANG International Scientific Research Centre using traditional natural herbs and endorsed by Hong Kong mega star – Jackie Chan.
I attended BA WANG Blogger Discussion Session last week at TCC. On the agenda were our impressions of BA WANG 霸王 herbal shampoo, tell-tale signs of counterfeit BA WANG 霸王 herbal shampoo and the safety quality control imposed in manufacturing.
Contrary to common belief, there are actually 8 types and not 1 type of Ba Wang Shampoo - for different types of hair condition, suitable for both ladies and gentlemen, youthful and the gracefully aged. There is also BA WANG Conditioner to complement the BA WANG hair shampoos.
BA WANG ANTI-HAIR FALL SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER
- Formulated with Chinese Arborvitae Leaf, Ginseng and Ginger
- Helps to improve on scalp condition
- Solidifies hair root
- Reduce excess sebum secretion
- Reduces hair breakage
- Reduce and Prevent Hair Fall
- Formulated with Radix Polygoni Multiflori, Black Sesame, Gondomar, Eclipta
- Deeply nourish hair scalp and follicles
- Solidies hair root and Strengthen hair
- Retard the process of hair turning grey
- Achieve naturally dark and thick hair
- Formulated with Polygonum (SHou Wu), Black Sesame and Black Beans
- Strengthen and Thicken Hair follicles
- Achieve naturally black, glossy and healthy hair
- Formulated with Shou Wu, Ginseng, Lingzhi
- Soothes scalp
- Conditions fine and dull hair
- Achieve healthier and stronger hair
- Formulated with Tea-Seed, Ginger and Chamomile
- Helps to Maintain Hair Healthy Oil Balance
- Relieves Itchy or Flaking Scalp
- Keeps hair glossy and dandruff-free
- Formulated with Ginseng, Notoginseng and Ginkgo leaf
- Soothes scalp
- Nourishes Hair Roots
- Repairs Frizzy & Dry Hair damaged by perming or color dye
- Achieve Soft,, shiny and manageable hair
- Formulated with Ginseng, Angelica, Ganoderma Lucidum and Ginger
- Deeply penetrate the hair and scalp
- Hydrate damaged hair
- Restore Dry and Damaged Hair
- Achieve natural, healthy, shiny and smooth hair
- Formulated with Chinese Honey Locust, Aloe, Honeysuckle and Mint
- Cleanse and protect your hair
- Helps to reduce sebum
- Prevent Dandruff and relieves itch
- Achieve healthier and dandruff free hair
BA WANG GINSENG CONDITIONER to complement the above shampoo
- Formulated with Polygonum, Angelica, Gingko, AHA, Panax Notoginseng
- Moisturize and nourish the scalp
- Improve split ends
- Achieve natural shine and manageable hair
If you are a reader of Chinese newspaper, you might have came across a couple of articles that BA WANG 霸王 herbal shampoo contains very low traces of 1,4 Dioxane which is a cancer-causing ingredient also used as a common byproduct in the manufacturing process for cosmetics. BA WANG 霸王 herbal shampoo aren't hazardous to health, meeting safety standards set by the European Union, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and State’ Food and Drug Administration (SFDA) of China.
According to industry's experts and researches, 1,4-Dioxane is present in our daily necessities such as water, air and food. 1,4-Dioxane is also present in most shampoos, shower products and cosmetics. The level of 1-4, Dioxane found in Bawang is certified to be so mild that it poses no threat to consumers' health and well-being. To date, there is no report that consumers suffer ill-effects after using products containing 1,4-Dioxane in shampoo, shower foams, facial cleansers etc.
The defamatory claims arised from Next Magazine accusing BA WANG 霸王 herbal shampoo but could not produce any substantial evidence to support its malicious claims.State’ Food and Drug Administration (SFDA) of China issued a statement and confirmed that BA WANG 霸王 herbal shampoo are SAFE TO USE.
REVIEW ON BA WANG ANTI-HAIR FALL SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER
The shampoo is pale yellow and feels rather creamy in texture. It lathers and cleanses well., leaving my hair soft and manageable. I don't have a hairfall issue but its good as a preventive measure to use perhaps twice a week to alternate between other shampoo variant.
As it was my first time using Chinese herbal shampoo, my perception was that there will be a very strong smell of the herbs however it was not as strong as i expected. It was rather light scent after all. Still, i would recommend to get a sample first before purchase in case you are not accustomed to the herbal scent.