Singapore Food Festival 2012 (SFF2012) Themed Seafood Tales Of Temasek Official Opening at SFF Village Marina Bay Waterfront Promenade yesterday was graced by Mr Teo Ser Luck, Minister of State for Trade & Industry, Mr Lionel Yeo, Chief Executive of Singapore Tourism Board and Mr Luke Lee, Director of Singapore Food & Beverage Alliance drew a record high of 40,000 visitors.
Celebrity chef and President of the Singapore Chefs’ Association, Chef Eric Teo is Singapore Food Festival 2012 Food Consultant, with 24 years of culinary experience and expertise from the F&B and Hotel industry.
Locals and tourists can savour multi‐cultural seafood delicacies and experience Singapore’s multicultural heritage by tracing the different culinary influences that have shaped Singapore distinctive food culture and participate in events like behind the Scenes @ Jurong Fishery Port, Tiffin Cruise @ Singapore River.
The Singapore Food Festival 2012 Food Village 10 Day Food Feast is located at Waterfront Promenade Marina Bay with up to 50 stalls all under ONE roof selling local and international delicacies can accommodate a seating capacity of 1,500 is open from 13th to 22nd July period, from 11am till 11pm daily.
Seafood lovers can look forward to trying SFF Seafood Platter (新加坡美食节海鲜精选配套) consisting of Seafood Paradise’s Popular Chilli Crab / Signature Creamy Butter Crab, Stir‐fried Live Geoduck with Asparagus in XO Sauce, Crisp‐fried Prawns tossed with Salted Egg Yolk, Deep‐Fried Coral Trout in Nyonya Style and Supreme Seafood Fried Rice (SGD $36.90+) by Seafood Paradise under the Paradise Group, sold only at the Singapore Food Festival Food Village 2012 from 13‐22 Jul 2012.
Tuck into seafood favourites like Chilli Crabs, Butter Crabs, Salted egg yolk prawns, Indian Curry Fish Head, Cereal Prawns, Nyonya Otak‐otak, BBQ seafood as well as local dishes like signature curry chicken from Neo Garden Catering, fried carrot cake, hokkien mee, char kway teow, oyster omelette, popiah, satay to name a few. Nearby office workers, food lovers and tourists can enjoy delicious local fare with a scenic view of Shenton Way.
Purchase or use the limited edition NETS FlashPay card at the Singapore Food Festival 2012 Food Village for a 20% discount on all food and beverage purchases in the Village.
Singapore Food Festival 2012 Key Events, Culinary On demand and Fringe Activities
- Seafood Mela @ Little India 13 – 14 Jul 2012
Little India attempts a Guinness World Record by serving 2012 Curry Fish Heads in a single dinner setting on 14 July
- Witness a grand parade launch and a chef competition in which local and international chefs pit their skills for the title of ‘Best Indian Seafood Chef’ on 13 Jul 2012
- Behind the scenes@Jurong Fishery Port, On demand $150+, 5.00am‐9.00am. Held at the break of dawn, a chef takes participants on a tour through the fishery port to learn how to pick the freshest catch, followed by a delectable seafood breakfast
- Tiffin Cruise @ Singapore River, On demand $68 , 1‐hour per ride -Take a leisure cruise along the Singapore River as you tuck into a seafood set meal, served in a traditional tiffin carrier
- Season@Sentosa HarbourFront - 6 Jul – 12 Aug 2012 participates in SFF for the first time to present a slew of culinary activities at Resorts World Singapore, Sentosa, Mount Faber The Jewel Box, St James Power House, VivoCity, surrounding the Waterfront.
- Seafood treasures, tales and trails@ Kampong Gelam 14 – 29 Jul Experience Ramadan season as the ethnic precinct puts up a series of events and activities to celebrate the end of the fasting month.
- Join celebrity chef Violet Oon in her “See‐Food and eat” cooking workshop, where you learn how to whip up her signature seafood dishes and secret recipes on 16th July.
The Singapore Food Festival 2012 (SFF2012) Themed Seafood Tales Of Temasek with SFF Food Village located at Waterfront Promenade Marina Bay serving local and international delicacies with prices starting from $2 onwards is open from 13th to 22nd July, 11am till 11pm daily. Experience Tiffin Cruise @ Singapore River, Scenes @ Jurong Fishery Port, Seafood treasures, tales and trails@ Kampong Gelam, Season@Sentosa HarbourFront or witness Little India attempt a Guinness World Record by serving 2012 Curry Fish Heads in a single dinner setting this weekend.