TomTom, the award winning and world’s leading provider of Premium navigation technology was launched at Red Dot Design Museum. TomTom multi-award winning portable navigation devices (PNDs), the TomTom GO 750, TomTom XXL 550 and TomTom XL 250 were unveiled at Singapore Media Launch.
“The TomTom GO; TomTom XXL and TomTom XL devices offer a great navigation experience for Singaporean drivers, including unique TomTom favourites like Map Share™, IQ Routes™ and Advanced Lane Guidance, ensuring they will be travelling the fastest and smartest way”, said Chris Kearney, TomTom’s Vice President Marketing, Asia Pacific. “We are very excited to bring high-quality navigation products to Singapore and we are confident Singaporean drivers will embrace the ease of use, superior mapping, safety features and the quality navigation experience of TomTom PNDs.”
TomTom premium features that are appreciated by drivers all over the world includes:
- Award winning navigation software delivering best directions
- Unrivalled ease of use
- TomTom IQ Routes™ – historical road speeds built in to the map directing drivers the fastest way, any time of day
- Most up-to-date maps with one-year BONUS Map Update Service and daily map updates via TomTom Map Share™ technology
- Extensive industry-leading safety features including Advanced Lane Guidance and text to speech
- Ultra-compact design with EasyPort™ mount on TomTom XL and XXL and the Active Dock on TomTom GO for premium one-hand docking.
- All TomTom PNDs in Singapore will come with maps of Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Brunei pre-installed, allowing Singaporean drivers unrivalled freedom to travel across the region
EasyPort™ mount on the XL 250 and XXL 550 providing an efficient means of easily mounting to a car windscreen and - folding away for easy storage. The active dock on the GO 750 enables one-handed windscreen mounting and simple and secure docking of the device.
Safety is a key priority in the development of all TomTom products. The new TomTom GO 750, TomTom XXL 550 and TomTom XL 250 come with comprehensive safety features, so drivers always have direct access to safety and roadside assistance information wherever they go. Advanced safety preferences also allow the user to set their own requirements regarding timed driving breaks and menu accessibility options. The TomTom GO 750 also features hands free calling via Bluetooth further enhancing safe driving.
TomTom PNDs will be sold through major consumer electronics retailers across Singapore from early October 2010. Recommended retail prices are as follows
- TomTom XL 250 - SGD 269
- TomTom XXL 550 - SGD 329
- TomTom GO 750 - SGD 399