Nikon D4 and D800 Digital SLR cameras won EISA (European Imaging and Sound Association) Photo Awards for European Professional Camera of the Year 2012-2013 Awards and European Camera of the Year 2012-2013 Award respectively.
EISA is the association of 50 major photo, video, audio, home theatre, and mobile device magazines published in Europe and chooses the best products released in Europe for the annual prestigious EISA Awards.
The Nikon D4 digital-SLR 16-million-pixel camera is equipped with a new Nikon FX-format CMOS image sensor and EXPEED 3, Nikon's latest image-processing engine to enable superior image and ultimate high-speed performance.
Nikon D4 Digital SLR Camera – Winner of EISA European Professional Camera of the Year 2012-2013
- Best professional camera of the year - Nikon’s full frame 16-million-pixel D4, for its ability to deliver the highest image quality even in extremely difficult conditions.
- Tests performed by EISA magazines found the camera has an exceptional combination of high resolution, wide dynamic range, very low noise levels even at ISO 12800, super-fast autofocus, short response time and high frame rates that can be maintained for very long sequences.
- The body is rugged and well protected against dust and moisture.
- The viewfinder delivers a sharp, comfortable and very precise view of what will be recorded.
- Almost perfect handling makes the D4 very easy and pleasant to use and we especially like the new joystick control that’s available whether the camera is in the horizontal or vertical position.
- The Nikon D4 delivers very high video quality thanks to its uncompressed output.
Nikon D800 Digital SLR Camera – Winner of EISA European Camera of the Year 2012-2013
- This year’s best camera is Nikon D800. Its 36-million-pixel full frame sensor offers exceptionally high resolution capture
- According to EISA magazine tests, no compromises have been made to the extent of the camera’s dynamic range or noise levels at high ISO settings.
- In a compact and reasonably priced, strong and sturdy body, it offers first-rate metering and a 51-point autofocus system developed from the professional D4.
- The camera has a clear and bright approximately 100% viewfinder that is very precise and comfortable to use even for glasses wearers.
- The tiny flash can command additional Nikon flash units and delivers just the right amount of fill-in illumination even in complex lighting conditions.
- The D800E version delivers even higher resolution images without needing any post processing sharpening: the image quality comes close to that of a medium format camera, but with the benefits and versatility of a lightweight 35mm reflex camera.”