Apple® announced that iPad® 2, will go on sale from USD499 to USD829 in UK, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland this Friday, March 25. iPad 2 will be available at Apple retail stores and select Apple Authorized Resellers at 5 p.m. Singapore time, and online through the Apple Store® (www.apple.com) beginning at 1 a.m.
Apple also announced that iPad 2 will be available in Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore and additional countries in April with further international availability and pricing will be announced at a later date.
iPad 2 SPECS
- 9.7-inch LED-backlit LCD screen, new design is 33 percent thinner and up to 15 percent lighter than the original iPad
- Apple’s new dual-core A5 processor for blazing fast performance and stunning graphics and now includes two cameras, a front-facing VGA camera for FaceTime® and Photo Booth®, and a rear-facing camera that captures 720p HD video, bringing the innovative FaceTime feature to iPad users for the first time.
- Thinner, lighter, faster and packed with new features, iPad 2 still delivers up to 10 hours of battery life* (depends on device settings, usage and other factors. Actual results vary)
ipad 2 PRICES & AVAILABILITY
- iPad 2 with Wi-Fi : USF499 - 16GB model, USD599 - 32GB model, USD699 - 64GB model
- iPad 2 with Wi-Fi + 3G : USD629 -16GB model, USD729 - 32GB model and USD829 -64GB model.
iMovie® and GarageBand® for iPad apps are available for $4.99 (US) each from the App Store℠ on iPad or www.itunes.com/appstore. The Smart Cover is available in a range of colors in vibrant polyurethane for $39 (US) or rich leather for $69 (US).